Friday, November 19, 2010

The Dilemma of Deliciousness

I mentally organize my day by my meals.  Does anyone else even do that?  It is not out of some obsessive compulsion to control everything in my life, I promise.   

I love eating. 

Eating is always an experience for me.  I cannot wait until my next encounter with a morsel of some delectable tasty bite!  However, there are some evil-doers out to ruin my would-be-lifelong love with food ... c-a-l-o-r-i-e-s.  That which is most delicious is most dangerous.  I have to be conscious about what I put into my body.  I love food but have anything but a firery metabolism.  Irony at its finest if you ask me. 

Sometimes, I give up the things that I crave the most, and concentrate on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. - they can also be quite yummy too, by the way.  I use up valuable chow-time to get a work-out in.

As with anything in life, it is about balance.  Okay, easy enough...so, what exactly are you going to get out of this from here on out? 

First, a little perspective ... do you ever notice that in the course of a day you'll be discussing current events, something interesting you just did, a new film you saw - whatever.  Then, you start to get hungry, and "food-talk" creeps into the conversation? Well, I hope to create the same kind of dialogue here.  I will share some of my other interests, and the general goings-on out there that catch my eye, but with some tasty treats sprinkled in. 

I want to whet your appetite and spark your interest in life and food, and maybe, motivate you to try something new!

Stay hungry....

No comments:

Post a Comment